- To maintain our leadership position and
- reputation for “Excellence in Construction”
- by continually setting new standards.
IEW Construction Group was founded in 1925 by Vaughan S. Grundy and continues to be led by a third-generation family member, Vaughan S. Grundy III who is the president and CEO. Since 1992, the company has grown ten-fold under his leadership. Much of the company’s early work has become a part of New Jersey’s landmarks, including projects such as:
- The New Jersey War Memorial
- The State House Annex
- The State Museum
- Rockefeller Institute in Princeton
- Princeton High School
- Trenton Central High School
- Lawrenceville School
- Trenton Makes Bridge
And these accomplishments were just a part of the firm’s first 15 years in business which prepared it for the challenges that came with World War II. During those years, IEW supported the war effort by converting the General Motors Plant to accommodate the production of the Grumman Avenger airplane that played a major role in the Pacific. Additionally, IEW converted the plant to enable the military production of crash dollies and low profile trucks so the Navy could move disabled planes onto aircraft carriers. After World War II IEW converted the GM plant back to peacetime production. During the 1940s, Vaughan S. Grundy, Jr. took over responsibility for the growth and development of the company. The firm continued to focus on major steel fabrication and erections throughout New Jersey. In the ensuing years the firm completed many projects for the nuclear power industry, including major projects in Louisiana and Nebraska as well as overseas in Taiwan. Today, Vaughan S. Grundy, III, has taken the company into areas of heavy highway construction, bridge construction, heavy concrete construction, sitework & excavation, steel fabrication, emergency response and maintenance, as well as marine construction.